Sunday, June 24, 2012

Slip Curtain



I have made several of these cute little curtains and this is the latest. I can't take credit for the idea, but take credit for the sewing for my friend Debbie, who sells them in her shop. She uses one as the curtain for her dressing room and everyone wants to buy it, so I've been enlisted to fill the need for duplicates. The base is just an off-white sheer drapery panel. This particular one used two vintage slips, each one cut in half. I modified the back panels of each slip with extra lace to make each one have a bodice.


One slip was white silk and the other was pink acetate.



I added a few embellishments here and there. Using some of the spaghetti straps from the white slip, I made two bows and the little mini flowers are bits of cotton fabric ruffled into roses with bits of lace tucked into the center.


To finish it off, I added several rows of ruffles at the bottom, some from the leftover sheer and some from some lace fabric I had on hand.


For a bit of interest, I ruched the bottom of one of the pink ones and added a flower.


I added loop hangers across the top behind each one of the slip straps.

Very simple and very feminine. Two others that I made are being used in a photo studio...I'm dying to know where this one will hang!

1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG..I have never seen anything like that....Adorable and so creative, Yea to Debbie for the idea, but you did such a great job sewing them!

Carol